You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-02 21:00:07

avg.guy

LXDM customization and screen locking

LXDM does a pretty good job at providing a lightweight login screen and I like it overall, but here are two problems that I can't solve:

1. Customization: I've been able to do some basic customization (remove user list, bottom pane, change background, etc), but one thing that still bugs me is the clock in the top right corner. It seems to show the time in standard en_US.UTF-8 format, but I can't find where I could change or customize that. All I want it to show is %H:%M (or %H:%M %m/%d/%y at most). I've tried setting up a custom system locale or adding bash aliases for LC_TIME variable and/or the date command. None of these options have altered the clock at all. Am I missing something?

2. Screen locking: I've tried getting LXDM to work with gnome-screen-saver, xscreensaver, and light-locker. The first two would work, but they doubled the login process (i.e., login through LXDM first, then enter password again in the screen locker). Light-locker wouldn't work with LXDM at all (but it works with lightdm). What I ended up doing was override /usr/bin/xflock4 with a bash alias for lxdm -c USER_SWITCH. I also disabled TTY switching in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf (since it could bypass LXDM prompt and drop directly into the desktop). This gets the job done and seems to be pretty secure to me, but I'm concerned there might be some other vulnerability with this setup. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 2017-04-04 03:22:28

avg.guy

Re: LXDM customization and screen locking

Bump :)

Board footer