You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-09 16:11:25

AWildGeth

Steam in WINE freetype font issue

I had steam working in WINE for awhile with no issues. Then one day I pull it up and it won't open at all. The "Updating Steam" window popped up but with no text at all and never finished. PlayOnLinux's debugger told me this:

Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.

I checked and have it installed, I tried to reinstall it and still steam did not work. I copied my files and tried to wipe the virtual drive and redo it. Now steam won't install with WINE at all and spits the same error at me. Not sure what to do at this point now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 2017-04-09 17:03:40

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Steam in WINE freetype font issue

wine != playonlinux wine versions, PoL versions have been built with outdated libraries, either use the system version of wine or follow https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 3#p1700283

Also please search the board next time, this issue has been covered extensively.

#3 2017-04-09 17:21:45

AWildGeth

Re: Steam in WINE freetype font issue

V1del wrote:

wine != playonlinux wine versions, PoL versions have been built with outdated libraries, either use the system version of wine or follow https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 3#p1700283

Also please search the board next time, this issue has been covered extensively.

Thanks for the reply, but I have done that. I should've been more clear. I have tried using POL's install scripts and doing it myself using other versions of WINE. However, thank you for the link. That fix seems to have worked

EDIT: I did search the board, and did not find anything that helped me

Last edited by AWildGeth (2017-04-09 17:29:14)

Board footer