You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-10 00:35:07

Aguxez

Can't kill process or re-launch application.

This is just happening with Discord (for now), there are times when I'm using an it and nothing is happening, everything is good but some times when the application is in the system tray I can't re-open it again, I click the icon and nothing happens, I thought that I could kill the process and re-launch the application but every time that I run

ps au | grep discord

the pid changes so I can't kill it. I tried to kill the parent process with

pgrep discord | xargs -i pstree -ps {}

but nothing shows on that. I tried using

killall discord

but that doesn't work neither, it says that the process doesn't exist, I tried launching the application through the terminal but the only thing that gets displayed is "Discord 0.0.1" and nothing else, so, I've tried those things and I don't know what else could I try to solve this? This happens just when I close the application and it goes to the systray, not every time, some times it works fine but this other times it don't. Before re-installing through AUR I want to see if this is something with the source (even tho I downloaded it from Discord's official website) or my pc or something else.

Last edited by Aguxez (2017-04-10 00:36:19)

#2 2017-04-10 01:11:43

Aguxez

Re: Can't kill process or re-launch application.

Well, I solved it by running

pgrep discord -i

so I could kill the process but I still don't know what may be causing that behaviour.

#3 2017-04-10 05:43:59

mpan
Website

Re: Can't kill process or re-launch application.

I don’t have discord, but you have clearly said that the process name is Discord, not discord. You are searching for process with a different name. -i option to pgrep made it search case-insensitive.

Sometimes I seem a bit harsh — don’t get offended too easily!

Board footer