You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-11 21:57:26

macaw

Bluetooth mouse auto-connects but becomes unresponsive.

I have a logitch MX Anywhere 2.  I can successfully trust, pair and connect the mouse using Gnome's Bluetooth UI or bluetoothctl.

Unfortunately, after a little while, usually one or two minutes, the mouse stops responding.  It is fully charged.  I can get it to work again if I remove the device and repair it, but then the same thing happens.  I have used `bluetoothctl` to watch what's happening: 

`[bluetooth]# devices` gives:

Device CC:E3:B9:A2:15:00 MX Anywhe@ 

If I click or move the mouse, I get

[CHG] Device CC:E3:B9:A2:15:00 Connected: yes

But the cursor is unresponsive and clicking does nothing.  Then, after 20 seconds or so of not moving touching the mouse:

[CHG] Device CC:E3:B9:A2:15:00 ServicesResolved: yes
[CHG] Device CC:E3:B9:A2:15:00 ServicesResolved: no
[CHG] Device CC:E3:B9:A2:15:00 Connected: no

I have looked through the Arch wiki's bluetooth page, but much of the documentation relies on things like hcitool and hciconfig.  I'm sort of at a loss for how to use the bluez d-bus API to debug this.

Thanks for your help smile

Last edited by macaw (2021-09-09 14:59:35)

#2 2017-04-11 22:11:15

macaw

Re: Bluetooth mouse auto-connects but becomes unresponsive.

Some more information:

I added my bluetooth controller to USB_BLACKLIST in /etc/default/tlp, then restarted TLP and bluetooth.  This actually seems to have helped, for now, although I'm pretty sure I had TLP disabled altogether before.  I noticed that now when I fire up bluetoothctl, a whole bunch of services show up that weren't showing when the mouse was unresponsive.  So even though the mouse was automatically connecting before, none of its services were showing up...

So it seems that merely stopping the TLP service wasn't enough.  I also had to blacklist my bluetooth controller from auto-suspending.

Last edited by macaw (2017-04-11 22:17:47)

Board footer