You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-19 06:19:17

wizord

sudo pacman -Syu not working [solved]

hey there i went to update today and  all i get is this error

Synchronizing package databases...
Error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'core.files' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'core.files' from ftp.belnet.be : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'extra.files' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'extra.files' from ftp.belnet.be : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'community.files' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'community.files' from ftp.belnet.be : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.files' from ftp.belnet.be : Server denied you to change to the given directory
Error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.files' from ftp.belnet.be : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

Ive disabeled ipv6 as ive see this happen to others and disabling ipv6 made it work again.
thank you in advance

Last edited by wizord (2017-04-19 08:55:26)

#2 2017-04-19 07:05:56

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: sudo pacman -Syu not working [solved]

Change you pacman.conf to use an http mirror and try again.

Edit:
I should have said mirrorlist, which is where this is configured. On another note, you really should merge the mirrorlist changes as they come, that mirror does not seem to be present on an up-to-date mirrorlist.

Last edited by R00KIE (2017-04-19 10:10:08)

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2017-04-19 07:21:07

wizord

thank you R00KIE it worked

#4 2017-04-19 08:25:36

olegabrielz

Then just edit the first post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the title (subject).

Be aware of my Newbie Powers

Board footer