You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-23 07:02:56

applesea

Stuck On Reached Target Graphical Interface With Virtual machine

After a full vanilla arch installation of plasma and sddm on virtual machine, my virtual machine hangs and flashes on " Reached Target Graphical Interface". This doesn't happen with a regular bare metal install with nvidia drivers for my card. I have tried multiple kernels and virtual machine programs. The system is set to efi mode. I ran systemctl status sddm and no errors were found. I tried with lightdm and same issue. I installed xorg packages and xorg-server as well. What could fix this?

Last edited by applesea (2017-04-23 07:06:46)

#2 2017-04-23 08:04:19

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Stuck On Reached Target Graphical Interface With Virtual machine

Remove SDDM and Plasma from the equation. Just get X running and then add more complexity.

Paste your xorg log if it doesn't work.

Moving to NC...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2017-04-23 15:48:08

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Stuck On Reached Target Graphical Interface With Virtual machine

You had not stated how and where you ran systemctl status.  You may have run that from a chroot afer having rebooted from the install media.
If this is the case, when you are 'stuck', be aware that you can use Ctrll-Alt-F2 (or F3-F6) to switch to a different console to allow you to log in.  You may also want to try to ssh into your box from another computer.

Jason's advice is sage.  For now, disable sddm.  I don't use a display manager, but a few other threads hereabouts are indicative that package causes issues.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer