You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-30 22:24:50

medivhok

[solved] 2 video card, 3 monitors setup

Hi everybody ! big_smile

Is it possible to use 3 monitors in xorg with 2 video cards, without xinerama. My first goal is to be able to move the mouse across  all three monitors, but no need for application windows to "move" across monitors. Simply send the application to another screen (like Mod4-o in awesome) is good. The three monitors works in gnome, but using xinerama, and its quite sluggish a little.

I have a GeForce GTS 450 and a GeForce GT 610, using Nouveau and I don't play games.

In the worst case, I will get a new card which support 3 monitor plugged in. But I do wanna know if its possible or not, and why. The less questions I have in my head when I go to bed, the earlier I fall asleep. The earlier I fall asleep, the earlier I wake up, and the earlier I wake up, the earlier I learn new things wink

Thx
Greg

Last edited by medivhok (2017-05-01 22:13:12)

#2 2017-05-01 11:32:06

Lone_Wolf

Re: [solved] 2 video card, 3 monitors setup

Using xrandr that should be possible .

Make sure xinerama is disabled.

Use "xrandr -q" to find out how your screens are seen by X and which names they have.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-05-01 22:12:45

medivhok

Re: [solved] 2 video card, 3 monitors setup

You're right thx!

I found xrandr lines in the xinitrc.d that was messing my setup. Cleaning the script, and a reboot of the computer (for Awesome) and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you!

Board footer