You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 15:12:15

Klystro

Grub UEFI boot not responding to usb keyboard input

It's rather annoying not being able to change the boot entry...

I have a USB keyboard that isn't being detected by my installation of grub when booting with UEFI
I have a liveCD image on another partition who's grub works just fine in UEFI

I have attempted to look through both grub.cfg files and managed only to thoroughly confuse myself. hmm

The exact same grub installation/config works with my keyboard if I boot it in BIOS mode. Obviously there's just a configuration issue or maybe the version I have installed is broken. I just have no clue what it is or even where to start looking for help.

Or if any pointers to where I might be more likely to find help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Klystro (2017-05-29 03:13:58)

#2 2017-05-15 14:14:31

daftaupe

Re: Grub UEFI boot not responding to usb keyboard input

Hello,

some pointers I thought about.

Is it the same version of grub on both your system and that liveCD ?
Do you plug in a USB2 or USB3 port ?
Also do you boot in UEFI only mode or BIOS/UEFI sort of hybrid mode (I mean the option in the config screen can be BIOS/UEFI/both on some motherboards).
Also if I remember correctly I saw an option to only partly initialize some devices and let the booting system do the rest, maybe you have the same and could play with that also.

#3 2017-05-29 03:11:54

Klystro

Re: Grub UEFI boot not responding to usb keyboard input

How can I check the grub version of the live cd?

I do not change any settings between booting the live cd and booting my installation. In fact the live cd is written to a partition on my ssd along with my installation. Partition flags are the same etc... All settings remain the same the only different being which option I select in the boot selection menu during boot.

Board footer