You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-04 00:39:02

archimede.pitagorico

LXDE volume control

I cannot find the volume control on the tray section of the status bar.

Audio works fine.

From "Panel Preferences", in the "Panel Applets" tab, I click on the "Add" button, select the "volume control" and click "add", but nothing happens.

If I repeat the same procedure for other apps (e.g. NetworkStatusMonitor), then I can see a new icon being added to the system tray.

Do I need to install some separate app to get the volume control?

Thanks

#2 2017-05-04 04:01:17

chr0mag

Re: LXDE volume control

I'm running LXDE and didn't need to install a separate package to use the "volume control" panel applet.  I don't think you'd even have the option in the list of available plugins if the right packages weren't installed.  For what it's worth, when I add the applet it appears at the very far right of my status bar and is difficult to see with my black desktop background.

Have you checked the journal for warnings/errors?

#3 2017-05-04 13:17:13

archimede.pitagorico

Just checked dmesg and the log, but there is no message.

I also checked the right far end of the status bar, but cannot see the icon. Also, I think that VolumeControl, should start appearing in the list of installed app giving the possibility to move it to the left or right in the status bar, but it does not.

#4 2017-05-04 13:47:22

archimede.pitagorico

Done a few more experiments. All what reported above relates to desktop connections via VNC.
If I launch the desktop from the console, I can successfully add the VolumeControl.
When I reopen the desktop in VNC, that will no longer be there.

Board footer