You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-06 14:11:31

Ishikawa

Problems with bbswitch and bumblebee (Intel / Nvidia Graphics)

Hello everyone, I'm having some problems with bbswitch. I have installed bumblebee as the Arch Wiki says and it works, but the Nvidia card doesn't turn off when unused.

The output of optirun --status is: "Bumblebee status: Ready (3.2.1). X inactive. Discrete video card is likely on."

So I tried to install bbswitch. I tried to set PMMethod=bbswitch in /etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf and I created /etc/modprobe.d/bbswitch.conf where I put

options bbswitch load_state=0 unload_state=1

But when I reboot, It always gets stuck in "Reached target Graphical Interface".

I also tried to install bbswitch-dkms and I get the same.

My Nvidia Card is a 940MX and the integrated graphics is an Intel HD Graphics 530.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

#2 2017-05-07 15:03:03

verge-36

Re: Problems with bbswitch and bumblebee (Intel / Nvidia Graphics)

I had similar issues.  Could you try adding acpi osi = windows 2009(I'm on phone' so can't elaborate right now. Look at the wiki) to the boot parameters? That solved the same issue for me.

#3 2017-05-07 22:58:32

Ishikawa

Re: Problems with bbswitch and bumblebee (Intel / Nvidia Graphics)

verge-36 wrote:

I had similar issues.  Could you try adding acpi osi = windows 2009(I'm on phone' so can't elaborate right now. Look at the wiki) to the boot parameters? That solved the same issue for me.

I tried that, with windows 2009 and windows 2012, and I still having the same issue.

Board footer