You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-14 00:57:52

Mr.Doko

[Solved]Problems setting Win-Space to change keyboard layout

Hello guys!

I am setting my laptop (a Thinkpad T430) with i3, and I come from GNOME. In there, I was used to the Win Key + Space combination to change my keyboard layout (there is only a left Win key). So, I decided to do the same for the new configuration. I followed https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … _localectl and generated the conf file with the following settings:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "us,es"
        Option "XkbOptions" "grp:win_space_toggle"
EndSection

Also, I have disable the floating-window settings on i3, which uses the same Win Key + Space combination.

When I reboot my laptop and try the new settings, the shortcut does not work, it acts like a space. I also changed the XkbOptions to grp:ctrl_alt_toggle, but it didn't work.

I used evtest and libinput-debug-events to check if the keys are being recognized properly, and they are responding fine. I also used xbindkeys to check if the combination is being read, and yeah, it returns Mod4 + space. And I even binded on the i3 config file the Win Key + Space combination and it works, but I guess there is a better solution for that (by using the xorg config files).

Thanks

Last edited by Mr.Doko (2017-05-14 15:39:38)

#2 2017-05-14 07:18:18

seth

Re: [Solved]Problems setting Win-Space to change keyboard layout

Please post the output of

setxkbmap -print -query

and your Xorg log

#3 2017-05-14 15:39:02

Mr.Doko

Re: [Solved]Problems setting Win-Space to change keyboard layout

Sorry guys. After restarting the laptop numerous times (I can't recall if it was the first restart), it seems that the Xorg settings are working for the keyboard settings and the Win Space shortcut.

I will close the thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Mr.Doko (2017-05-14 15:40:13)

Board footer