You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-20 15:24:17

avenger107

Device UUID not found. Skipping fsck.

Hello,
First of all, I'm not sure which category would be most appropriate for this, so I'm dropping it here.

I've been dual-booting Arch and Win10 on my Inspiron 14R for a few months and everything has been running smoothly until recently when Windows starting acting up. I tried using Arch for day-to-day tasks to avoid dealing with Windows, but now it turns out my HDD is corrupted somewhere. Chkdsk on Windows says nothing is wrong, but there has to be because every time I boot Arch, I get an "ahci controller reset failed" message along with "device UUID '' not found. Skipping fsck." before I'm dropped into an emergency shell (before which sh says it couldn't connect to tty). I can't do anything through the shell, and exiting it once gives me a "bailing out" message, and exiting again throws my laptop into a kernel panic.

The only solution I've found is using a bootable USB to chroot into my Arch installation and re-run mkinitcpio, every time I want to boot into Arch. I also tried to re-generate fstab yesterday but that too was a temporary fix as I'm back to the same situation as before, only this time mkinitcpio didn't seem to do anything either. There's also the situation of once I manage to get into Arch, it freezes on attempting to log back in after suspend (but that might be a GDM problem; not sure).

At this point, all I can say is:
PLEASE HELP

Thanks.

Board footer