You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-27 00:58:54

N_mag

Xbox One S Controller & BT

I've disabled the ertm mode in the Bluetooth parameters per a previous post, however I cannot figure out how to make the change permanent.

The file I have to change regularly after every reboot and the action taken is below

sudo nano /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm

Then I change the N to a Y and then the controller works just fine... But as I said this change does not survive a reboot.
I've seen that I can echo a 1 to the file but I tried running said command

sudo echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm

however it gives me a permission denied... So I don't think I can add it to a start up script. I've read also that I can add that command to my rc.local but I don't see that I have a file named that in my etc directory, so can I just simply make one?

Please advise, thanks smile

#2 2017-05-27 01:16:24

loqs

Re: Xbox One S Controller & BT

Have you tried setting the parameter using Kernel_modules#Using_files_in_.2Fetc.2Fmodprobe.d.2F?

$ cat /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm
N
$ sudo echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertmbash: /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm: Permission denied
$ sudo bash -c "echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm"
$ cat /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm
Y

Using sudo with redirection you need the shell to be executed as root so the redirection is performed as root

#3 2017-05-27 01:25:48

N_mag

Re: Xbox One S Controller & BT

sudo bash -c "echo 1 > /sys/module/bluetooth/parameters/disable_ertm"

That worked like a charm, so I'll need to do some reading on modprobe and such to maybe get a rule to do it for me. I'm not familiar with it yet, but I think I can get it worked out since learning the hard way tends to help me learn the system as well, although this problem is annoying and I kinda wish it just worked tongue

Last edited by N_mag (2017-05-27 01:26:34)

Board footer