You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-14 05:23:36

osomi

Wacom Intuos S uses a lower cursor proximity than it actually has

When I installed the xf86-input-wacom package, I wanted to change the cursor proximity settings, but apparently, the listed "Wacom Proximity Threshold" option does not exist on this device. I know that this wacom tablet has a higher proximity threshold than is being used right now, because I've gotten used to it in Windows before I switched to Arch. Moreso, the blue light at the top right hand corner of the device that indicates that the pen is being tracked disappears in an area much higher than when the pen stops being tracked in the system. This is very annoying when using the tablet in various games.

These are the listed devices that the driver detects:

Wacom Intuos S Pen stylus   	id: 8	 type: STYLUS    
Wacom Intuos S Pad pad      	id: 9	 type: PAD       
Wacom Intuos S Pen eraser   	id: 15      type: ERASER

Like I mentioned before, I can't change this because the device's "Wacom Proximity Threshold" option is not supported. When I input:

xsetwacom --set "Wacom Intuos Pen stylus" CursorProximity 20

it outputs

Property 'Wacom Proximity Threshold' does not exist on device.

The same error appears on all other devices listed above. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Or at least a way around it?

#2 2017-06-15 04:41:00

pypi
Wiki Maintainer

Re: Wacom Intuos S uses a lower cursor proximity than it actually has

Perhaps you could try

xsetwacom list parameters

for each device - maybe there is a similar setting you could change to get the desired effect -
looking at this post the "Area", "Threshold", or "Mode" settings might change things to work the way you want?

Board footer