You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-18 20:06:38

jotterson

DTS Audio issues.

I am hoping that someone with much more audio/video codec knowledge can help me out here.

On one machine (my laptop) I am running into an odd issue with any h264 video file with DTS audio.  What I am seeing is that the video plays just fine, as well I get the background audio track, background music, explosions, foot steps, things like that.  However, it will not play the main audio track at all (voice, opening theme music, etc).  I don't see this problem with ACC or AC3 audio and mp4 files with mp3 audio are just fine.

I noticed this first in Chormium when streaming from my Emby server.  I tried opening up the files directly using both VLC and MPV, but both have the exact same issue.  I know there is no issue with the files themselves as my desktop machine and Roku both play just fine from the same Emby server (and direct files from the desktop).

VLC's codec information show that it is using DTS audio and I don't see an indication of a problem.  In the past when I have had codec issues, I have just run vlc from command line and look at the output to figure out the problem codec and go from there.  This time around, that does not show any problem.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what to check?

Board footer