You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-23 12:24:14

curiousmitchell

Encfs unmount issues using pacman

Hi folks - I don't understand what's going on here - feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong place. I've got a weird issue with encfs mounts being unmounted while using pacman - not sure why. Here's my setup:

I have full disk encryption with LUKS, unlocked on bootup. On login, I'm using pam_mount to automatically mount my ~/Documents & ~/Desktop folders, which are encfs encrypted. The reason for this is I have them synced via the cloud, and need them encrypted. The rest of my laptop is secure enough through LUKS.

The issue seems to happen when using pacman - both folders (or sometimes only one) get unmounted seemingly at random. Also, when using pacman, I keep getting these messages:

reenter password for pam_mount:
(mount.c:68): Messages from underlying mount program:
(mount.c:72): EncFS Password:
(mount.c:68): Messages from underlying mount program:
(mount.c:72): EncFS Password:

Why am I needing to reenter my password for pam_mount? I'm familiar with entering my root password when using a terminal (I have the system setup with sudo privileges), but why am I being asked for my pam_mount password as well? This is the same as my user password, so I can use pam_mount on login. While this is confusing, the real issue is when my folders get unmounted seemingly at random. How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 2017-06-25 07:52:39

curiousmitchell

Re: Encfs unmount issues using pacman

Ok - issue is with sudo and pam_mount - not specific to pacman. Could one of the moderators please move this thread into a more relevant section? Or let me know where and I will close this thread and open it elsewhere. Thanks.

#3 2017-06-25 07:56:15

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Moving to Apps & DEs...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2017-06-25 10:22:12

curiousmitchell

jasonwryan wrote: