You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-23 18:52:33

Lenry
Website

[SOLVED] Multiple problems that starts to occur at the same time

Hi all,

I'm a bit clueless, so sorry in advance if this question is not in the right place or if I shouldn't add multiple problems into one topic, but since all of these started to happen from the same point of time, I think they are related somehow, but I don't know where to start investigating.

- I can't search neither from Plasma Search nor from the KDE "Start Menu" - both of them freeze after typing a few characters and staying on top of everything for a few minutes, then disappears. Otherwise the KDE starter works: if I browse through the programs, I can start anything normally.
- Gwenview doesn't work at all, it seems to start, but nothing happens. It's the same if I try to start it from the Terminal, a useless and frozen Gwenview window appears after a few minute
- Cannot save anything from Chrome, the Save dialog appears a few minutes late, but it is as useless as Gwenview (Firefox seems to work perfectly)

Where should I start looking?
Thank you,
Lenry

Last edited by Lenry (2017-06-23 20:11:34)

#2 2017-06-23 18:56:51

Lenry
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Multiple problems that starts to occur at the same time

This just appeared, I wanted to save a file 15 minutes ago...

http://i.imgur.com/Wr9uTxy.png

Mod Note: converted oversized image to urls - V1del

Last edited by V1del (2017-06-23 19:23:05)

#3 2017-06-23 19:32:28

V1del
Forum Moderator

Please only post thumbnails or links and don't bump your post if there hasn't been a reply in between, you have been here long enough to know our Code of Conduct

That said, this might be a session issue. How are you login in/starting X? What is the output of

printenv
ls -l ~/.config/systemd/user

do you have a network drive mounted in your fstab? That's another case I know of that might cause delays with the dialogs you mention because they try to query some non responding external mount point.

#4 2017-06-23 20:11:05

Lenry
Website

V1del wrote:

Please only post thumbnails or links and don't bump your post if there hasn't been a reply in between, you have been here long enough to know our Code of Conduct

That said, this might be a session issue. How are you login in/starting X? What is the output of

printenv
ls -l ~/.config/systemd/user

do you have a network drive mounted in your fstab? That's another case I know of that might cause delays with the dialogs you mention because they try to query some non responding external mount point.

Sorry for those...

You may be right, I can't reach my NFS mounts, as I'm not home at the moment. I disabled those and it seems to got right now.

Thank you

Board footer