You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-29 05:56:53

oksijun

ivman doesn't respect user/group at boot

In IvmConfigBase.xml, I have specified a user/group pair. These credentials are used to mount media once the system has booted, but (when using checkOnInit) media which is already inserted or plugged in at boot time does not inherit this configuration (root user and root group are used to mount the media).

I am also seeing some dbus errors at boot time, but AFAIK this is unrelated and has been discussed elsewhere on this forum....

#2 2006-06-29 07:02:49

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: ivman doesn't respect user/group at boot

well... if somethings already mounted with one set of permissions, ivman doesnt remount it with the new permissions.

unmount everything and ivman should mount them with correct permissions on the next boot.

I'll check up on those warnings at boot. They dont seem to effect functionality at all, so I wouldnt be too concerned.

James

#3 2006-06-29 07:45:19

oksijun

actually dbus has just been upgraded, and at first glance I no longer get any errors on boot... I'll check that when I get home.  Concerning mount permissions though, I'm pretty sure the media (cd, usbkey) is not being mounted by anything else (although I suppose udev could be the culprit, I'll check that also - but I don't think arch udev has any automounting features enabled by default?).

#4 2006-06-29 17:58:11

oksijun

I looked into this a bit further. Apparently, the dbus-related error messages have been taken care of by the latest dbus update. Also, although hal was mounting my removable devices at boot time, it appears that even after having disabled this behaviour, ivman cannot mount them as the user and group set in IvmConfigBase.xml (user ivman and group plugdev). I think ivman switches credentials when it forks to the background, which is too late, the code triggered by setting the checkOnInit option to true being run before... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Board footer