You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-26 15:37:29

4ronie4

[SOLVED] Mounting root shows: uknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'

I have restored a full system backup made with rysnc on a LVM on LUKS because I wanted to encrypt the full system (not including /boot). After restoring the backup I have updated the grub installation, mkinitcpio and fstab. I think I updated all the things I have to update but after asking the passphrase on boot for unlocking root filesystem it shows "mount:  uknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'", and then returns a rootfs console.
lvm2 is installed, hooks on mkinitcpio.conf are "base udev autodetect modcocnf keyboard block encrypt lvm2 filesystem fsck" , the cmdline for the kernel is "root=/dev/mapper/MyVol-root rw cryptdevice=/dev/sda2:MyVol-root quiet splash elevator=noop libata.allow_tpm=1" and the GRUB_PRELOAD_MODULES are part_gpt part_msdos and lvm.
I printed the modules with lsmod in the rootfs console and dm_crypt and dm_mod are loaded. Then I have looked into /dev and /dev/mapper/MyVol-root appears but it not appears on /dev/MyVol/ (only the home volume).

What could it be? HELP please!
Kernel version 4.9.34-1-lts

Last edited by 4ronie4 (2017-06-26 19:43:04)

#2 2017-06-26 19:42:20

4ronie4

Re: [SOLVED] Mounting root shows: uknown filesystem type 'LVM2_member'

Solved: the cryptdevice name was bad. I have put the name of my root volume and it has to be the name that you give to the volumegroup. That's beacause when trying to boot, the MyVol-root was mounted and the real volume root cannot be mounted.

Board footer