anyone can build a package of RLABplus.

Seems very interesting.

http://rlabplus.sourceforge.net/

Thanks so far

#2 2006-07-01 10:00:47

Legout

Re: [req]RLABplus,an scientific programming environment

Here´s a description of RlabPlus (rlad2):

Project  rlabplusis a continuation of work on an open-source scripting environment for scientific computations RLaB2.  Project  rlabplus  provides release 2 of RLaB2, which contains upgrades of the numerical libraries used in the first release, and many new libraries and toolkits, e.g., Gnu Scientific Library (GSL). Original RLaB was created by Ian Searle and collaborators. Rlabplus is a creation of Marijan Kostrun.

" .. RLaB is an interactive, interpreted scientific programming environment. RLaB is a very high level language intended to provide fast prototyping and program development, as well as easy data-visualization, and processing. RLaBis not a clone of languages such as those used by tools like Matlab or Matrix-X/Xmath. However, as RLaBfocuses on creating a good experimental environment (or laboratory) in which to do matrix math, it can be called ``Matlab-like''; since the programming language possesses similar operators and concepts.

RLaBdoes not try to be a Matlab clone. Instead, it borrows what I believe are the best features of the Matlab language and provides improved language syntax and semantics. The syntax has been improved to allow users more expression and reduce ambiguities. The variable scoping rules have been improved to facilitate creation of larger programs and program libraries. A heterogeneous associative array has been added to allow users to create and operate on arbitrary data structures. The fundamental data type is a floating point matrix (either real or complex), though RLaB also includes string matrices, and sparse numerical matrices (both real and complex) .."

Ian Searle   

Please, anybody can have a look at this app? I was reading some things inside the manual, and it´s looking really good.
There are some things i´m missing in octave/matlab. But i´m not able to build it myself.

Thanks

#3 2006-07-02 13:22:33

sebcactus

Ok I am looking at it

#4 2006-07-02 17:39:24

Legout

Thanks sebcactus!!

#5 2006-07-02 18:44:40

sebcactus

Well sorry, I have to give up. Reasons are:

1. I don't know anything about fortran
2. The software is made to build with old gcc (gcc-g77), so one has to use gfortran now. Some errors occur that I can't fix because of 1.

Some clues:
- make distclean does not clean all the sublibraries. So one has to patch everyone of them. Most of them are straightforward (edit Makefile, replace g77 with gfortran), but some give some errors that, I think, could be fixed if one knows about fortran.
- there might be a conflict with gc-6.7. It uses gc-6.6 plus some private modifications so one can't use the gc-6.7 provided by the distro
- there also might be a conflict with lapack from community, unless one manages to link against it instead of the provided one (I don't know if the author made some modifications on it)

Seb

#6 2006-07-03 07:39:10

Legout

Anyway, thanks.

Hopefully someone else good have a look at this app. Because it seems to be really great.

#7 2006-07-14 06:12:36

Legout

Thanks to snowman!!

rlab will be in AUR soon.

PKGBUILDS and patches are also here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=22994

Board footer