You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-26 22:23:07

nathanb
Website

[Solved] Bluetooth keyboard disconnects on idle (didn't used to)

I did an update, and after restarting I've noticed that my bluetooth keyboard will now disconnect (presumably to save power) after a certain amount of time. It reconnects just fine, but there's a 3-4 second lag while it's reconnecting that's super annoying. I don't really care about saving power (it uses bluetooth LE so it's already quite efficient). Do you know how I can disable it? I tried looking in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf but didn't see anything for idle timeouts (I did add IdleTimeout=0 to the file anyway just to see if it would work but no dice.

I use blueberry for managing my bluetooth connections. I tried downgrading it, and that fixed some startup lag I've been having (it took forever for the keyboard to pair on startup), but doesn't fix the idle timeout.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Last edited by nathanb (2017-07-04 21:49:09)

#2 2017-06-28 19:44:24

nathanb
Website

Re: [Solved] Bluetooth keyboard disconnects on idle (didn't used to)

I believe the problem, as described above, is disconnects, but it's also possible that the actual problem is that reconnects are slower. I've noticed there's significant variability in the time required to reconnect, and sometimes it's nearly instant.

However, I've also noticed that when it's reconnecting, the sync light glows. I hadn't noticed it doing that before this past upgrade. so I do still think the problem is idle timeout where there used to be no timeout.

#3 2017-07-04 21:48:38

nathanb
Website

Re: [Solved] Bluetooth keyboard disconnects on idle (didn't used to)

Turned out to be a twofold problem. Downgrading blueberry fixed half of it, and the other half was fixed by changing the batteries in my keyboard. They weren't low enough that it started reporting low battery, but they were low enough to make reconnecting take longer. Just FYI in case someone else encounters this issue.

Board footer