You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-03 02:36:06

barefly

Steam in nspawn container stuck on breakpad exception handler

Been testing to see if I can get steam running in an nspawn container and I am approaching the last leg of getting this to work, but I've run into the all to familiar Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(0) hang-up.

Pacman -Qs nvidia

local/lib32-nvidia-utils 381.22-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    NVIDIA drivers utilities (32-bit)
local/libvdpau 1.1.1-2
    Nvidia VDPAU library
local/nvidia 381.22-3
    NVIDIA drivers for linux
local/nvidia-utils 381.22-1
    NVIDIA drivers utilities

I have a copy of lib32-nvidia-utils and lib32-mesa installed together and removing lib32-nvidia-utils causes steam to give me the following error.

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found                 
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Removing lib32-mesa breaks a number of lib32 dependencies needed for running steam. I've referenced the arch wiki page regarding this very issue and none of the solutions seems to fix the issue. I have both lib32-nvidia-utils and lib32-mesa installed on my main system and I am able to run steam without running into the breakpad exception hang-up, but I can't seem to remember how I fixed this issue, or if I ran into it outside of an nspawn container.

Board footer