You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-06 01:07:26

NINJ4Z

Can't get wifi to come back after airplane mode key is pressed

I have an Asus UX305FA which has an airplane mode key built into it which is activated through the Fn+F2 key combination.

When pressed the radios are diabled as expected, only thing is, when pressed again, everything re-enables but I can't seem to use wifi. I use netctl to manage connections, it loads my profile fine but I still can't seem to access the internet.

When I issue an ifconfig I can see my interface is up and running fine <up, broadcast, running, multicast>, I have an ip address, etc.

If I run a netctl-auto is-active <profile> It says active.

I made a netctl-auto-resume@.service in accordance with the wiki

The only way I have found to reestablish a proper connection is to suspend and resume or issue a systemctl restart netctl-auto@<interface>.service

Is there anything that can be done about this or a way to automate a systemctl restart netctl-auto@<interface>.service after stopping airplane mode?

#2 2017-10-09 20:47:45

Cbhihe

Re: Can't get wifi to come back after airplane mode key is pressed

Did you solve that issue 'with netctl-auto-resume' ?

If not, double check that your 'netctl-auto-resume@<wifi_NIC>.service' is actually not just enabled but also started.

I am having a very similar issue and am interested in knowking whether you made any progress with 'netctl-auto-resume' .
Cheers.

I like strawberries, therefore I'm not a bot.

Board footer