You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-09 18:25:45

dbermond
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

[SOLVED] optdepends are displayed in red on AUR page

Can someone please tell me why the optdepends of these two AUR packages are showing in red at the AUR page? Like if they were not found anywhere by the AUR system.

ffmpeg-git (has 'ladspa' optional dependency in red, but this package is in [extra])
ffmpeg-full-git (has 'intel-media-sdk' optional dependency in red, but this package is on the AUR)

I maintain these packages. but could not find any problem on the PKGBUILD that is leading to this. No unmatched quotes or parentheses that I could find, nothing.
They have been recently updated if that matters.
I also maintain other AUR packages with optdepends, but this seems to be happening only on these two.

I'm using the following optdepends approaches:

optdepends=('package: description')

and

optdepends_arch=('package: description')

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by dbermond (2017-07-11 16:31:10)

#2 2017-07-10 11:25:37

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] optdepends are displayed in red on AUR page

ladspa: LADSPA filters (optional)
intel-media-sdk: for Intel QSV support (experimental) (optional, x86_64)

Looks like AUR Webinterface may parse the optdepend array incorrectly, as it should separate the optdep and the reason/description (the part starting with : ).
I suggest you file a bug report in arch bugtracker,as project use "AUR web interface"

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-07-10 15:22:34

dbermond
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Looks like AUR Webinterface may parse the optdepend array incorrectly, as it should separate the optdep and the reason/description (the part starting with : ).

A strange thing is that I maintain other AUR packages with optdepends that use the same approach (with a description after the colon) and this is happening only with these two.
For example, take a look at mpv-full. It has 'youtube-dl' optional dependency with the optional description after the colon and it shows as expected.

Another strange thing is the fact that in ffmpeg-git 'ladspa' is both a make dependency and an optional dependency, but it shows normally in makedepends and is displayed in red only in optdepends.

Lone_Wolf wrote:

I suggest you file a bug report in arch bugtracker,as project use "AUR web interface"

Thank you for the suggestion. It really looks like some problem on the AUR.

I have opened a bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/54758

#4 2017-07-10 16:36:11

eschwartz
Fellow

I just pushed an update to https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qbittorrent-git as an experiment, and the python optdepends stopped parsing it as a "pkgname: desc" and started parsing it as a "pkgname" with a ":" in it.
So when aurweb regenerated the metadata, it apparently decided to mess this up. hmm

This has broken somehow, but there weren't any archweb aurweb releases so the website backend shouldn't have changed...

Last edited by eschwartz (2017-07-10 21:04:36)

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2017-07-10 20:48:08

dbermond
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Eschwartz wrote:

I just pushed an update to https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qbittorrent-git as an experiment, and the python optdepends stopped parsing it as a "pkgname: desc" and started parsing it as a "pkgname" with a ":" in it.
So when aurweb regenerated the metadata, it apparently decided to mess this up. hmm

This has broken somehow, but there weren't any archweb releases so the website backend shouldn't have changed...

Thank you for posting your result.

It really makes me fell better knowing that this issue is happening not only with the packages that I maintain smile
This confirms that it's a bug on the AUR interface and it's not related to the PKGBUILD file.

I will mention your package in the bug report comments to reinforce it with the result of another maintainer.

#6 2017-07-11 16:30:16

dbermond
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

The bug has been fixed by an Arch developer.

Marking this thread as solved.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread!

Board footer