You are not logged in.
Hi all,
I am a somewhat new arch user (2 months) and I have been trying to install mate-applet-dock to no avail.
Every time I install it and added it to my mate panel nothing happens. No errors, no desired results just nothing. I couldn't find much help on the arch wiki or through extensive google searching as well.
I Attempted to circumvent the problem by using xfce plugins inside of mate with mate-xfce4-panel-plugin-loader-applet, but that didn't work as well. I am currently just using the standard mate window list, but I really enjoy the aesthetic of the applet dock.
Thanks in advance.
Offline
Hi there,
something new from mate-dock-applet ? It works in Solus OS. But impossible to make it appear in panel with Arch ?.
Any idea ?
Offline
It's been a while since I've run Mate, but if I remember correctly all Mate panel plugins can be positioned infinitely (they can overlap each other) which can lead to new applets not being shown. Be sure it's not just hidden by the current window list or another applet. A way to check this is to remove the dock from you current panel and add a fresh new panel with nothing in it to another part of the screen. Add the dock applet and see if it works on the new panel. If it does, then you need to figure out where the dock actually is in your primary panel and shift applets around.
Offline