You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-17 18:10:05

hardrock

[SOLVED] Youtube videos stay paused when smplayer is paused

Hi, I've been getting this weird behaviour for some time. If I open the browser and load some youtube video while having smplayer open with some video paused on it, about 50% of the times the youtube video will stay paused as well, no matter what I do.

I have tried with different browsers and the same thing happens, the video loads, the progress bar moves, I can set it on the minute/second I want and see the corresponding image on the player, but the video will stay paused until I close smplayer, and then it will play normally.

It also happens when trying to listen to a song on clementine, if smplayer is paused, clementine will also stay paused no matter what,

Any ideas on what is happening?

Last edited by hardrock (2017-07-25 18:43:39)

#2 2017-07-22 02:56:32

GenkiSky

Re: [SOLVED] Youtube videos stay paused when smplayer is paused

Sounds like an issue of the players not getting access to the audio device. Are you using ALSA directly, or pulseaudio? What is your sound setup? Also can you try running clementine and smplayer from the terminal (on separate terminals, i.e. open up terminal, and run the executable name directly), and see if they print error messages to the console? Perhaps that will be enlightening.

#3 2017-07-22 03:00:26

Docbroke

Are you using bluetooth for audio?

#4 2017-07-24 19:41:22

hardrock

GenkiSky wrote:

Sounds like an issue of the players not getting access to the audio device. Are you using ALSA directly, or pulseaudio? What is your sound setup? Also can you try running clementine and smplayer from the terminal (on separate terminals, i.e. open up terminal, and run the executable name directly), and see if they print error messages to the console? Perhaps that will be enlightening.

I'm using pulse. TBH I don't fully understand how sound works yet, so I just installed the packages and crossed my fingers to get it working... It is doing some strange things (like mute a lot of channels when my volume lowers to 0, and then don't unmute them when I raise back the volume), so probably this issue is related too.

No error messages anywhere, the outputs and the programs looks perfecly fine, except for the pause thing.

Docbroke wrote:

Are you using bluetooth for audio?

Nop, no bluetooth here, just a standard cable speakers.

#5 2017-07-25 01:44:31

V1del
Forum Moderator

Install pulseaudio-alsa and make sure that smplayer utilizes the "default" device for audio playback.

#6 2017-07-25 18:43:02

hardrock

V1del wrote:

Install pulseaudio-alsa and make sure that smplayer utilizes the "default" device for audio playback.

Yep, looks like that fixed it. Your magic if powerful sir, thank you.

Board footer