You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-01 22:05:36

eda2z
Member
From: Woodstock, IL
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 71

[Solved] Gnome Image Viewer no longer working for certain jpg files

I just noticed that Gnome Nautilus is displaying some jpg files with the "setting sun and barren tree" thumbnail and if I then click on the thumbnail for file xyzzy.jpg, I get an error dialog with:

  Could not load image "xyzzy.jpg".
  Unsupported number of color components (1)

I'm pretty sure that all of these files are black-and-white scans.  But I could display them previously and I can still display them in Shotwell or Gimp.  I have cleared my thumbnails, rebooted, and updated to the latest software.  Any ideas?

Last edited by eda2z (2017-08-02 13:59:46)

Offline

#2 2017-08-01 23:29:35

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,098

Re: [Solved] Gnome Image Viewer no longer working for certain jpg files

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 4#p1725694
Also thanks to progandy,  I did not post the thanks in the original thread in case it violated Code_of_conduct#No_power-posting.2Fempty_posts

Offline

#3 2017-08-02 14:00:52

eda2z
Member
From: Woodstock, IL
Registered: 2015-04-21
Posts: 71

Re: [Solved] Gnome Image Viewer no longer working for certain jpg files

Thanks for the link I was searching the forums for the wrong keyword(s).  Everything works fine now.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB