You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-02 15:16:29

Chryseus
Member
From: UK, England
Registered: 2017-08-02
Posts: 2
Website

KDE/Plasma Task Manager Fails to Update

I've been having this issue for quite a long time now, I even had it back when I was using Debian unstable about 4 months ago and have got no closer to finding a permanent fix for it.
The task manager seems to randomly stop updating so I have to use alt-tab to switch applications, this seems to occur most often when running full screen applications such as games.
The only reliable fix I have so far is to run kwin_x11 --replace, I am using the nvidia proprietary drivers since nouveau causes the system to halt.

I had a dig through the system log and found the following things of interest:

QXcbConnection: XCB error: 2 (BadValue), sequence: 26802, resource id: 75497478, major code: 142 (Unknown  # Appears very often
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QMap<QString,int>'
                                            (Make sure 'QMap<QString,int>' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

System specs
I7 4790
16GB DDR3 1600
nvidia GTX 970 4GB
two monitors, 1920x1080 & 1680x1050
4.12.3-1-ARCH

Offline

#2 2017-08-02 16:28:13

kokoko3k
Member
Registered: 2008-11-14
Posts: 2,474

Re: KDE/Plasma Task Manager Fails to Update

Hey, why don't you join the club, we're about to celebrate the two years anniversary!
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353983

Seriously, if you're having the same issue, ctrl-alt-f12 may do the trick as well.
But most important, don't trust the plasma clock widget lying on the panel as it freezes as well smile

Last edited by kokoko3k (2017-08-02 16:29:51)


Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

Offline

#3 2017-08-02 19:14:01

Chryseus
Member
From: UK, England
Registered: 2017-08-02
Posts: 2
Website

Re: KDE/Plasma Task Manager Fails to Update

kokoko3k wrote:

Hey, why don't you join the club, we're about to celebrate the two years anniversary!
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=353983

Seriously, if you're having the same issue, ctrl-alt-f12 may do the trick as well.
But most important, don't trust the plasma clock widget lying on the panel as it freezes as well smile

Thanks for the tip.
I sure hope it gets fixed some time within the next two years. tongue

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB