You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-21 05:22:44

nachopro
Member
Registered: 2013-08-23
Posts: 91

Samba bad performance with GVFS-SMB

Hi! I have a home server with Arch + Docker running dperson/samba properly.

I use a laptop with Windows and Arch too to conect to this Samba server.

On Windows I achieve 110MB/s Upload and 110MB/s Download big_smile

But on Arch (XFCE + Thunar + GVFS-SMB) I achieve 40MB/S Upload and 50MB/s Download.

Running IPerf between server and client I achieve 110MB/s. The same speed vía HTTP between two machines.

How can I tune GVFS or something in my Arch system to perform better?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by nachopro (2017-08-21 05:24:00)

Offline

#2 2017-08-21 15:30:49

HiImTye
Member
From: Halifax, NS, Canada
Registered: 2012-05-09
Posts: 1,072

Re: Samba bad performance with GVFS-SMB

have you checked out the samba site? https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Sa … speed.html

edit: a quick gvfs-smb google search showed that it's a long standing issue with gvfs and smb. you can try scouring the interwebs to find a solution, but I might opt to find another approach. personally, I use sshfs in vifm to transfer files between systems, but there are countless other methods

Last edited by HiImTye (2017-08-21 15:33:55)

Offline

#3 2017-08-21 16:27:39

R00KIE
Forum Fellow
From: Between a computer and a chair
Registered: 2008-09-14
Posts: 4,734

Re: Samba bad performance with GVFS-SMB

If it is a share you use often why not put an entry in fstab? There are way to allow mounting it without root privileges or on demand and then it should work fine.


R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Offline

#4 2017-08-24 19:36:55

valoq
Member
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5

Re: Samba bad performance with GVFS-SMB

For a good performance with smb shares I would suggest cifs mount https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/ma … ifs.8.html

Try mounting the share with: sudo mount -t cifs //<server>/share <mountpoint>
You should get the same speed as with windows.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB