You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-23 20:59:15

uKev
Member
Registered: 2017-08-23
Posts: 4

Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

Hello,

for some time chromium gets started automatically everytime I log into gnome 3. I can't find any reason where this comes from.

I've already checked out:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/De … #Autostart
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GN … plications

# grep -Ri chromium /etc/xdg/autostart/
# grep -Ri chromium /home/ukev/.config/autostart/
#

I've also checked gnome-session-properties and gnome-tweak-tool.

Do you have any idea where this autostart could come from?

Thanks.

Offline

#2 2017-08-23 21:03:58

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

Presumably, Gnome has some sort of "save session" functionality that you have previously enabled.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#3 2017-08-23 21:16:36

uKev
Member
Registered: 2017-08-23
Posts: 4

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

You mean this?

http://i.imgur.com/CMSMXAB.png

Last edited by jasonwryan (2017-08-23 21:21:04)

Offline

#4 2017-08-23 21:21:33

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

Read the Code of Conduct and only post thumbnails http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cod … s_and_code

Yes.


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#5 2017-08-23 21:32:09

uKev
Member
Registered: 2017-08-23
Posts: 4

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

Sorry, I thought 27KB is small enough to inline. Maybe the pixel limit should be mentioned here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/help.php#img
(I will avoid it for future posts).

I've read more about the gnome session storage, it saves the sessions inside ~/.config/gnome-session - but this folder is empty:

~/.config$ find gnome-session/
gnome-session/
gnome-session/saved-session
~/.config$ 

Do you have any other ideas?

Offline

#6 2017-08-23 21:37:26

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

The folder isn't empty, it contains the saved-session file which is what's causing chromium to autostart.


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#7 2017-08-23 21:41:27

uKev
Member
Registered: 2017-08-23
Posts: 4

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

saved-session is just an empty folder:

~/.config$ ls -lah gnome-session/saved-session/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 ukev ukev  0 Apr 12  2011 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 ukev ukev 26 Apr 12  2011 ..

Offline

#8 2017-08-23 21:43:29

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

Sorry, I thought it was a file.

Try enablig saved sessions in the dialog you posted, closing all your open applications, then restarting Gnome. Disable saved sessions when your done.


No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

#9 2017-08-24 16:18:59

c00ter
Member
From: Alaskan in Washington State
Registered: 2014-08-28
Posts: 421

Re: Gnome 3 autostarts chromium on login

If you want a GUI-fied front end, you might want to consider installing gnome-session-properties from the AUR.

One of the things I like best about the 'Linux' we have nowadays, versus 15 years ago, is a nice selection of reliable, trustworthy tools with graphical frontends. If I had to do a substantial amount of configuration in a command line environment nowadays--was forced to--I'd go back to DR-DOS. wink

Last edited by c00ter (2017-08-24 16:19:43)


UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things. -- Doug Gwyn

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB