You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-26 15:07:35

ezequiel.ezb
Member
Registered: 2017-08-14
Posts: 33

Various Plasma bugs in a wayland session after latest update(s)

I installed Arch Linux a few days ago and right when I installed it I noticed a few bugs in the Wayland session.  None of these exist on a X Session
I also perform pacman -Syu everyday when I first turn on my computer, so I also was on the latest version of the Plasma Wayland session (5.10.5-1 back then).
I found the following bugs

1- German Umlauts (ä, ö, ü) not working  - I have a Brazilian ABNT2 keyboard, so I must press the umlaut first then the letter, but only the letter appeared (a, o, u), even though the umlaut alone (¨) worked if I pressed it twice or with a white space afterwards.
2-Similarly, with other diacritics marks used in Portuguese or French (ç, ~, ´,`,^) I had the same problem, and only in a Wayland session.
3-Going to "System Settings > Input Devices > Keyboard > NumLock On Plasma Startup > On" took no effect at all.
4- Num lock would turn itself off after turning it on (I don't know exactly how much time or if some event triggered this, I just remember turning it on and after minutes finding it off - this happened everytime I was on a Wayland session).

Back then I remember being on the latest version of plasma-wayland-session, which was 5.10.5-1, I also remember kwin and kwayland-integration and many other plasma related packages going to version 5.10.5-1 when I did a pacman -Syu.

But now, I did pacman -Syu and plasma-wayland-session went up to version 5.10.5-2 and the situation changed a little bit, but just a little.

1- Now when German Umlauts and most of the diacritics are pressed, the search bar (usually Alt+F2) appears on top of the screen. When pressed again, the search bar disappears.
2- The only exception is this diacritic (ç), which now works normally.
3- Numlock turning itself off appears to be fixed.
4- Numlock on startup still does not work

So, I wish I could know how and where to report these bugs, and if possible, get a log of when what was updated with pacman -Syu, for a more detailed report.

Thanks for your help, goodbye.

Offline

#2 2017-08-26 15:12:06

Slithery
Administrator
From: Norfolk, UK
Registered: 2013-12-01
Posts: 5,776

Re: Various Plasma bugs in a wayland session after latest update(s)

ezequiel.ezb wrote:

and if possible, get a log of when what was updated with pacman -Syu, for a more detailed report.

/var/log/pacman.log

No, it didn't "fix" anything. It just shifted the brokeness one space to the right. - jasonwryan
Closing -- for deletion; Banning -- for muppetry. - jasonwryan

aur - dotfiles

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB