You are not logged in.
Is there a way to remove a single resource entry from resource databse?
-remove This option indicates that the specified properties should be
removed from the server.
I tried following commands, but all three nuke the whole database.
xrdb -remove .Xresourcesxrdb -remove "URxvt.perl-ext-common"xrdb -removeLast edited by adesh (2017-09-12 06:12:54)
Offline
I believe that is impossible. You can do a query/sed/load cycle, though.
| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |
Offline
A cursory review of the source shows that "-remove" is intended to delete the entire database, and documentation is wrong. (Note final four lines.)
if (doScreen) { xdefs = XScreenResourceString (ScreenOfDisplay(dpy, scrno)); root = RootWindow(dpy, scrno); res_prop = XInternAtom(dpy, SCREEN_RESOURCES, False); } else { xdefs = XResourceManagerString (dpy); root = RootWindow(dpy, 0); res_prop = XA_RESOURCE_MANAGER; } if (oper == OPSYMBOLS) { printf ("%s\n", defines.val); } else if (oper == OPQUERY) { if (xdefs) printf ("%s", xdefs); /* fputs broken in SunOS 4.0 */ } else if (oper == OPREMOVE) { if (xdefs) XDeleteProperty(dpy, root, res_prop); }
Offline
Thanks for your responses and even looking through the source code ![]()
I shall mark this "solved", although the problem is unsolvable without a workaround.
Offline