You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-11 12:58:03

philipW

[SOLVED]owncloud and kde wallet in i3

Hi i switched over to i3wm from kde plasma.
i wanna start owncloud on login so i added "exec --no-startup-id owncloud" to my i3 config
When i boot owncloud doesnt start but my cursor says that its loading.
When i start owncloud manually im greeted with this message "reading from keychain failed with error:'could not open
wallet:org.freedesktop.dbus.error.noreply; message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying'"
And underneath the error message i can fill in my owncloud password.
If i fill in my password the service starts and to get access to the gui somethimes i have try launching to program several times.
Somethimes when it launches i am logged out and have to fill in the password again.
When i launch kwallet5 i get greeted with a slightly prettier passwordscreen that only asks me for my kwallet password and it launches owncloud with less issues.
How can i launch owncloud on startup widout kwallet when im using i3 and widout having to fill in my owncloud password everytime i restart my laptop? Or how to start my kwallet when i start i3?
I did some research online but i only found people having the same issue with the keychain not working when they use plasma.
My owncloud works fine in plasma.
I tried adding

exec --no-startup-id kwalletd5
exec --no-startup-id kwalletmanager5

to my i3 config but when i restart my laptop kwalletmanager5 opens despite the --no-startup-id and says that the kwallet is closed.

Last edited by philipW (2017-09-14 20:51:08)

#2 2017-09-14 20:09:13

stingA0815

Re: [SOLVED]owncloud and kde wallet in i3

Hi philipW,

not really the answer you expected but have a look at https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=229913

Imho you have to set any env variables.

Have you take a look for the env under KDE?

kr,
Harm

Edit: I'm a i3 user, but try to avoid KDE ...

Edit2, you already solved it by yourself, good to go, didn't recognised that, HAHA!

Last edited by stingA0815 (2017-09-14 20:15:34)

#3 2017-09-14 20:50:43

philipW

Re: [SOLVED]owncloud and kde wallet in i3

Haha guess its my fault for not closing this post.
Will do that now.
yeah i like some kde programs like dolphin thats why i kept using them in my i3 and i dont like to have double programs so i taught my system would be more harmonious if i use the programs i have already installed but i like gnome keyring better anyway smile

Board footer