You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-01 16:53:53

ontheblackkey

gnome-shell terminates and restarts on lid open (MacBook Pro 9,1)

Hello fellow Archers! I recently installed Arch on my MacBook Pro 9,1 (switching from Ubuntu GNOME) and there is one issue I'm having right now that really bothers me. One feature I relied on in Ubuntu was the fact that I could close my laptop lid, then come back later with all of my windows where I left them. However, this does not work for me with Arch. I am running gnome-shell 3.24.3-1 from Extra, and xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.15-2 from Extra. Here is the log snippet that I believe is significant from 'sudo journalctl': https://pastebin.com/rrRfL10R

Clearly, gnome-shell is terminating and restarting, which is why my windows don't persist (and also explains why my laptop seems slower to resume than normal). It looks to me like the problem starts with line 3:

org.gnome.Shell.desktop[483]: mutter:ERROR:backends/x11/meta-monitor-manager-xrandr.c:1159:apply_crtc_assignments: assertion failed: (width > 0 && height > 0)

But I am not a GNOME developer. Whatever is going on, I don't want to wait for Gnome 3.26 to enter extra to see if that solves the problem unless that is going to happen very soon.

So is this an issue with my computer or my configuration that I can fix? Is this a bug that I can work around? Should I file a bug report on GNOME?

I can give more info if needed. All help is appreciated.

Board footer