You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-06 18:48:16

LnX_Archer

[Solved]Kernel panic after installing preload and prelink

After first following the install instructions of preload and then the instructions for prelink, I then rebooted and was met with this kernel panic (sry for the image).
Kernel panic

Both my kernels panic in the same way and when I tried to use my live USB to arch-chroot in, it won't let me (another bad picture).
Arch-chroot error

I am at loss of what to do here, reinstall? sad

Last edited by LnX_Archer (2017-10-06 19:49:41)

#2 2017-10-06 19:05:09

loqs

Re: [Solved]Kernel panic after installing preload and prelink

You did see the warning at the top of the prelink artitcle and that its use is unsupported as per the linked bug report.
Would suggest reinstalling glibc without using chroot using Pacman#pacman_crashes_during_an_upgrade.
Edit:
Also see the comments on https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/prelink/ relating to the software being unmaintained and such know issues will not be fixed.

Last edited by loqs (2017-10-06 19:10:18)

#3 2017-10-06 19:49:27

LnX_Archer

Re: [Solved]Kernel panic after installing preload and prelink

loqs wrote:

You did see the warning at the top of the prelink artitcle and that its use is unsupported as per the linked bug report.
Would suggest reinstalling glibc without using chroot using Pacman#pacman_crashes_during_an_upgrade.
Edit:
Also see the comments on https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/prelink/ relating to the software being unmaintained and such know issues will not be fixed.

Yeah, saw the warning, didn't really read the bug report. Even if I did I don't know enough to understand the issue. My bad I guess!

The pacman link worked great, thanks!
I disabled the systemd-prelink.timer, ran prelink -au to remove the prelink to the binaries and finally uninstalled prelink.

Thanks again!

Last edited by LnX_Archer (2017-10-06 19:50:00)

Board footer