You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-09 12:29:47

Akk Mumin

Guild Wars 2 (Gw2) with wine-staging

Hello!

I have windows installed on an ssd and arch installed on an hdd.
On windows I have Gw2 installed.
So I switch to linux, mount the ssd with read write privileges, change to the directory of Gw2 and run wine with -dx9single.
The program opens up without any problems, but I have severe performance issues, even when I'm using settings for optimal performance.

I have wine-staging with CSMT enabled, and I have installed the nvidia driver(checked with glxinfo to confirm that it is being used).

I really want to get rid of Windows, which atm I'm only using to play Gw2, so do you have any tips for improving performance?

I am thinking that maybe if I properly install gw2 through wine on my arch system, on the hdd, instead of mounting the ssd and running it from there, it may improve performance, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: After creating a wineprefix using WINEPREFIX="path" and using the command "WINEARCH=win64 wine Gw2-64.exe -dx9single" performance improved drastically, but it is still bad on high graphics, while on windows my system can hold the highest graphics possible.

EDIT2: After following some hints given by guild wars 2 wiki on improving performance when running with wine, performance got even better, but not at the point I want it to. I have fps drop when I am around a lot of people, even when character model limit/quality is set to lowest.

EDIT3: Seems to be having some audio issues too, sometimes the sound cracks up like windows having a system error, right before bluescreen of death. It has never crashed so far, but that crack is kind of disturbing

EDIT4:After setting audio to use pulseaudio in winecfg, performance got slightly better, the audio cracks are reduced to (almost) nothing, still not the performance im aiming for.

tl;dr Trying to perfectly simulate Gw2 on arch linux, performance wise.

Last edited by Akk Mumin (2017-10-09 17:49:36)

Board footer