You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-09 21:18:45

malm
Website

jgmenu

I've written a lightweight menu application for Linux and BSD (with help and advice from o9000 - tint2's maintainer). I'm posting this in the hope that you would wish to try it.

https://github.com/johanmalm/jgmenu

https://github.com/johanmalm/jgmenu/wiki/screenshots

AUR package

Key features (from README.md):

jgmenu is a stand-alone, simple and contemporary-looking menu application for Linux and BSD.

Although it was originally written to be used with openbox and tint2, it is not in any way dependent on these and runs well with other panels and window managers.

It is hackable with a clean, small code base.

It can display the following types of menu (or any combination of):

- bespoke menu using a jgmenu flavoured CSV format

- application menu (XDG compatible) with localisation support

- openbox XML menu including pipe-menus

It can display SVG, PNG and XPM icons.

It has UTF-8 search support.

It is highly customizable (e.g. colours, alignment, margins, padding, transparency).

It can synchronise with xsettings, GTK and tint2 settings.

It does not depend on any toolkits such as GTK and Qt, but uses cairo and pango to render the menu directly onto an X11 window.

It has been compiled and run on OpenBSD, FreeBSD and various Linux distributions including Bunsenlabs, Arch, Ubuntu, Alpine, Void and Mint.

#2 2018-01-03 15:10:03

Stefan Husmann

Re: jgmenu

Thanks, I was looking for such a program for long. I will defintely have a look at it.

#3 2018-01-03 21:19:04

malm
Website

Great. I'm delighted. I'll subscribe to this thread for a while, so do ask if you want help getting started with it.

#4 2019-10-04 13:18:43

andym

I know this is an old thread, and at the risk of necro bumping, I would like to ask some questions about jgmenu.

There is an active thread on ArchLabs, but I have had no luck in registering there.

@maim - Just let me know if you are still with us smile

Thanks

#5 2019-10-04 13:22:26

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

malm has not logged in since July 2018. If you have questions about jgmenu, it would be best to open a new thread instead of necrobumping (unless you are using ArchLabs -- in that case please ask on their forum). ArchLabs is not supported here.

Closing.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer