You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-12 21:20:33

mapster

[Solved] Encrypted (Dm-crypt) home-xxx.mount is triggered before login

I had my system setup with dm-crypt mount at login as described in the wiki in august 2016, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?ti … did=446530.
When I booted up the computer after a package update today, lightdm wouldn't start properly - it only displayed a black sceen and a cursor and seemed frozen. So I decided to configure the mount at login as currently described in the wiki, https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?ti … g_at_login. I got it working using the new routine, however both lightdm and sddm freezes for about a minute or so. Except if I login in another tty, then it loads immediatly. Looking at the logs it seems that the dev-home-ahr.device is timing out multiple times untill I login.

I can't figure out why the system is trying to mount the device. I disabled the previously defined homedir@1000.service (that was described in the old article) and then deleted the file. I also removed the line from /etc/pam.d/system-auth.

The system is usable, it is just really annoying. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Last edited by mapster (2017-10-14 14:30:39)

#2 2017-10-14 14:09:45

mapster

Re: [Solved] Encrypted (Dm-crypt) home-xxx.mount is triggered before login

I believe I've been able to identify why the automount is triggered for the home-ahr.mount unit. The logs state that the NetworkManger service triggered it (I believe it is because a wifi config refers to a certificate in the home directory), so I disabled NM unit to see if that was it. Then sddm triggered it, even though I did as the wiki suggests by setting EnableAvatars to false. Unfortunately I don't know enough about systemd to be able to prevent certain units from triggering an automount. Somehow if I login as another user in a tty and try to use vim it also triggers an automount.

I would really appreciate directions of how to achieve that the automount of home-ahr.mount cannot be triggered untill I've actually logged in as ahr.

Thanks!

#3 2017-10-14 14:29:03

mapster

Re: [Solved] Encrypted (Dm-crypt) home-xxx.mount is triggered before login

Finally solved it! Had to remove the x-systemd.automount parameter,

Board footer