You are not logged in.
When I boot using an older version of systemd (234.11-9), something sets-up /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
ls -lhtra /tmp/.X11-unix
total 0
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 60 Oct 17 17:36 .
drwxrwxrwt 9 root root 180 Oct 17 17:38 ..
srwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Oct 17 17:36 X0=But when I update the system to 235.0-1 or 235.8-1, (and reboot) nothing is in that directory.
ls -lhart /tmp/.X11-unix
total 0
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 40 Oct 17 17:47 .
drwxrwxrwt 14 root root 320 Oct 17 18:01 ..And to make it more confusing, Xorg is listening to a file that seemingly doesn't exist:
# netstat -lnp | grep X11
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 1963 518/Xorg @/tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 1964 518/Xorg /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
# stat /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
stat: cannot stat '/tmp/.X11-unix/X0': No such file or directoryIs this expected or a bug or something I need to adjust in my configuration?
Last edited by graysky (2017-10-17 23:19:34)
Offline
Starting a linux container that bind mounts /tmp/.X11-unix into the lxc seems to causing this behavior, BUT it is definetly related to the systemd update since this setup worked for years. If you too are experiencing, follow the discussion: https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/1859# … -337386410
Last edited by graysky (2017-10-17 22:25:38)
Offline
Offline
@loqs - Might be! I can tell you that this is true even with /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/x11.conf in the 2nd link you provided (235.8-1 provides that version) ![]()
Offline
If you mask /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/x11.conf by symlink /etc/tmpfiles.d/x11.conf to /dev/null?
Offline
@loqs - The solution (one solution): https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/1859# … -337404972
Offline