You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-18 09:37:14

L1ghtmareI
Member
Registered: 2014-08-29
Posts: 96

LibreOffice not recognizing cyrillic/compose (Unicode?) input

Hi everyone.

I am unable to type anything in Cyrillic in LibreOffice apps: input is being converted into the likes of

ыфапф

besides, one keystroke corresponds to two characters, which IMO indicates a UTF-8/16 issue.

However, the issue resides with LO alone: any other application can process Cyrillic input fine. Moreover, any Cyrillic string pasted into the LO input remains the same.

I am using libreoffice-still 5.3.6-4 with libreoffice-still-ru 5.3.6-1 on KDE Plasma 5.10.5-1. My Russian locale is ru_RU.UTF-8.

Edit: same behavior can be reproduced on my system using compose key: output are as many characters as there are in the compose sequence.

— µ —> — µ

Last edited by L1ghtmareI (2017-10-18 09:44:20)

Offline

#2 2017-10-18 13:01:21

HalosGhost
Forum Fellow
From: Twin Cities, MN
Registered: 2012-06-22
Posts: 2,097
Website

Re: LibreOffice not recognizing cyrillic/compose (Unicode?) input

Are you using the default input method for your desktop environment?

What desktop environment are you using?

All the best,

-HG

Offline

#3 2017-10-18 16:49:29

L1ghtmareI
Member
Registered: 2014-08-29
Posts: 96

Re: LibreOffice not recognizing cyrillic/compose (Unicode?) input

I'm using KDE Plasma. I don't recall myself tinkering with input method so chances are it's the default one.

pacman -Qs input
local/inputproto 2.3.2-1
    X11 Input extension wire protocol
local/lib32-libxi 1.7.9-1
    X11 Input extension library (32-bit)
local/libcdio 0.94-2
    GNU Compact Disc Input and Control Library
local/libinput 1.8.2-1
    Input device management and event handling library
local/libxi 1.7.9-1
    X11 Input extension library
local/potrace 1.14-1
    Utility for tracing a bitmap (input: PBM,PGM,PPM,BMP; output: EPS,PS,PDF,SVG,DXF,PGM,Gimppath,XFig)
local/xf86-input-libinput 0.26.0-1 (xorg-drivers)
    Generic input driver for the X.Org server based on libinput
local/xorg-server 1.19.3-3 (xorg)
    Xorg X server

Offline

#4 2017-10-20 12:14:28

L1ghtmareI
Member
Registered: 2014-08-29
Posts: 96

Re: LibreOffice not recognizing cyrillic/compose (Unicode?) input

Update: I installed LibreOffice on my laptop with a similar setup and it works well. The issue must therefore lie with local configuration.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB