You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-20 04:56:31

salsadoom
Member
Registered: 2011-02-03
Posts: 32

Plasma Wayland (KWayland?) high dpi mouse issues

So..

In xorg, getting my high cpi (8200) mouse to move the pointer at a reasonable speed I solved (with some help from here) by putting some stuff in a mouse-acceleration.conf file and that works perfectly in all cases -- until I decided to see how Plasma on Wayland was working. At first glance -- surprisingly well actually! I'm not sure its ready to be my daily driver but it seems to largely function alright. Neat. But the problem is that my mouse acceleration is back to crazy levels again.

In my xorg I have

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Mouse0"
        MatchIsPointer "yes"
        Option "AccelProfile" "flat"
        Option "AccelSpeed" "-0.85"
EndSection

And thats magic, but obviously no help if you aren't running X. So how do I do something similar in Wayland? Apparently its dependent on the compositor, in this case, kwin_wayland or kwayland? Its possible by search-fu isn't up to snuff as searching around just shows me stuff about gnome. I realize its pretty early on in plasma wayland days so I wouldn't be surprised if this functionality just wasn't there yet.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB