You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-20 20:38:19

captainavi

Static/Hissing sound in the background of sound source monitors

I have been having this problem for a while. The sound on my system sounds fine in all usages and when using voice chat apps the mic sounds fine as well. However, I occasionally do screen recording and streaming using the OBS Studio and Kazam. When using OBS Studio the mic audio has a bad whine/hissing sound in the background of the mic audio. When monitoring using the monitor of built in audio analog stereo it is so quiet you can barely hear it. Within Kazam while also monitoring the same source the hissing in still quite apparent and the mic audio is mixed into the monitor for desktop audio which is not apparent within OBS. (this part may be a problem with Kazam not my main worry) Using arecord I did another test in which the hissing is still very apparent. I have played with the pulse audio settings quite a bit and nothing seems to affect the hissing. I do not believe this to be a hardware problem because when plunging in other audio devices the hissing persists. I have tried switching my sample rate to the correct rate of 48000 Hz but its not seem to affect anything and arecord still says 44100 Hz when I attempt to record audio through it. The other thing that I have tried it to use the avoid resampling option in daemon.conf but it did not seem to have any change. Thanks for any help.

Board footer