You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-24 22:34:26

Dheart
Member
From: Sofia, Bulgaria
Registered: 2006-10-26
Posts: 956

[RESOLVED]adobe han fonts fail to display simplified chinese character

Hey,

I have installed a number of adobe CJK fonts and I am having trouble with some glyphs. Simplified characters in general are not rendered at all and some more rare japanese characters. Traditional characters are more or less always rendered. Here's a screenshot of the same sentence from both my computer and my phone:

Screenshot_20171024_225746.png
Screenshot_20171024_232519.png

As you can see quite a few characters are missing. I'm running a HiDPI display with scaling (1440p) with 163 DPI, i'm not sure if that plays a role in this.  I have tested other CJK font packages and those work a lot better, only seldom not displaying something... Ideas?

EDIT: Here's installed packages

root@adjudicator /home/dheart # pacman -Q | grep adobe
adobe-source-han-sans-cn-fonts 1.004-2
adobe-source-han-sans-jp-fonts 1.004-2
adobe-source-han-sans-kr-fonts 1.004-2
adobe-source-han-sans-otc-fonts 1.004-2
adobe-source-han-sans-tw-fonts 1.004-2
adobe-source-han-serif-cn-fonts 1.001-1
adobe-source-han-serif-otc-fonts 1.001-1
adobe-source-han-serif-tw-fonts 1.001-1

Cheers,

Nick

[EDIT2]
Uninstalling aur/ttf-google-fonts-git resolved the problem.

Last edited by Dheart (2017-11-28 07:21:57)


My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

Offline

#2 2017-10-24 23:02:59

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: [RESOLVED]adobe han fonts fail to display simplified chinese character

If you have the otc version installed you should not need the four separate language versions perhaps that is the cause of the issue.
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/comm … sans-fonts

Offline

#3 2017-10-24 23:08:34

Dheart
Member
From: Sofia, Bulgaria
Registered: 2006-10-26
Posts: 956

Re: [RESOLVED]adobe han fonts fail to display simplified chinese character

loqs wrote:

If you have the otc version installed you should not need the four separate language versions perhaps that is the cause of the issue.
https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/comm … sans-fonts

I tried having the OTC version only, or the noto version only, no difference...


My victim you are meant to be
No, you cannot hide nor flee
You know what I'm looking for
Pleasure your torture, I will endure...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB