You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-25 18:15:06

bOlaE
Member
Registered: 2017-10-14
Posts: 25

Alt + F4 disable the keyboard

I have tried to install Rofi https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rofi and custom themes need  xorg-xrdb https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=xorg-xrdb so I installed it too. After reboot, when I type Alt + F4 the beyboard become disabled and when I retype Alt + F4 keybord works.
What may be the problem?

Offline

#2 2017-10-25 18:29:56

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,118

Re: Alt + F4 disable the keyboard

That you probably bound Alt+F4 to some Rofi feature in the process?
(It'll grab the keyboard exclusively until its closed - at least that's what dmenu does)

run "sleep 5; ps aux | grep rofi" and press alt+f4, then wait more than 5 seconds before pressing alt+f4 again and see whether you've a running rofi process in the meantime. cross check that with another "ps aux | grep rofi".

Offline

#3 2017-10-25 19:35:56

bOlaE
Member
Registered: 2017-10-14
Posts: 25

Re: Alt + F4 disable the keyboard

sleep 5; ps aux | grep rofi

bola      3953  0.0  0.0  10888  2360 pts/0    R+   21:23   0:00 grep --color=auto rofi

ps uax | grep rofi

bola      3966  0.0  0.0  10888  2300 pts/0    S    21:24   0:00 grep --color=auto rofi

PS: I have removed Rofi and removed too  xorg-xrdb but there was some dependences problem so I run sudo pacman -Rdd xorg-xrdb

How Can I remove completely Rofi and xorg-xrdb?

Offline

#4 2017-10-25 19:39:19

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,118

Re: Alt + F4 disable the keyboard

pacman -Qi xorg-xrdb

Will (among other) list what depends on that package. Removing stuff ignoring deps is no good idea at all and apparently alt+f4 does not trigger a rofi insteance.
No idea what you've bound to that shortcut but i'd inspect your desktop environt shortcuts.

Offline

#5 2017-10-25 19:48:19

bOlaE
Member
Registered: 2017-10-14
Posts: 25

Re: Alt + F4 disable the keyboard

sudo pacman -R xorg-xrdb

vérification des dépendances...
erreur: la préparation de la transaction a échoué (la satisfaction des dépendances a échoué)
:: xfce4-session: supprimer xorg-xrdb casse la dépendance «xorg-xrdb»
:: xorg-xinit: supprimer xorg-xrdb casse la dépendance «xorg-xrdb»


I get this when I try to remove xorg-xrdb

Offline

#6 2017-10-25 19:55:41

jasonwryan
Anarchist
From: .nz
Registered: 2009-05-09
Posts: 30,426
Website

Re: Alt + F4 disable the keyboard


Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Offline

#7 2017-10-25 22:00:33

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,118

Re: Alt + F4 disable the keyboard

And even though my French is terrible, it should be clear which packages require xrdb.
Also xrdb won't allocate global shortcuts.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB