You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-25 23:49:19

Goran
Member
Registered: 2012-01-24
Posts: 92

Trying to use mkdiskimage -> Undefined subroutine &main::to_int

I'm trying to use mkdiskimage (perl program that's a part of syslinux), but I get an undefined subroutine error:

[goran@arch shm]$ sudo mkdiskimage -Mz4 -i usb-zip-boot /dev/sdc 200 64 32
[sudo] password for goran: 
Undefined subroutine &main::to_int called at /usr/bin/mkdiskimage line 182, <DATA> line 18.

I tried pasting the error into google, and found a relevant thread on a tinycorelinux forum: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=14323.0

So, if I understood that thread correctly, there's a missing dependency on a "Data::Types" cpan package, along with an error in the script itself, because it doesn't actually "use" that module, even though it's trying to use the "to_int" function that belongs to it.

I don't really know who is responsible for dealing with this, and who I should report it to, so I'm posting it here.

Right now, I assume that writing the to_int method myself would probably be easier than trying to figure out the whole perl dependency thing on arch, but if anyone has better ideas, I would like to hear them.

Thanks.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB