You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-27 10:35:10

Llama
Banned

haskell IPPrint missing

Hi,

There is a way of coloring ghci input and output, described here. It requires HsColour and IPPrint. The Arch package haskell-hscolour is present, ipprint I cannot find. I tried cabal, but something was wrong. My Haskell is all from reps. How should I be getting IPPrint the right way?

#2 2017-11-22 07:55:52

Llama
Banned

Re: haskell IPPrint missing

I tried stack:

$ sudo stack update
Selected mirror https://s3.amazonaws.com/hackage.fpcomplete.com/                                 
Downloading root                                                                                 
Selected mirror https://s3.amazonaws.com/hackage.fpcomplete.com/                                 
Downloading timestamp                                                                            
Downloading snapshot                                                                             
Downloading mirrors                                                                              
Cannot update index (no local copy)                                                              
Downloading index                                                                                
Updated package index downloaded                                                                 
Update complete                                                                                  
$ sudo stack install ipprint
Writing implicit global project config file to: /root/.stack/global-project/stack.yaml
Note: You can change the snapshot via the resolver field there.
Using latest snapshot resolver: lts-9.14
Downloaded lts-9.14 build plan.    
Preparing to install GHC (tinfo6-nopie) to an isolated location.
This will not interfere with any system-level installation.
Downloaded ghc-tinfo6-nopie-8.0.2.                                      
Installed GHC.                                                                        
Populated index cache.    

Error: While constructing the build plan, the following exceptions were encountered:

In the dependencies for ipprint-0.6:
    sr-extra must match >=1.46.3.1, but the stack configuration has no specified version (latest matching version is 1.46.3.2)
needed since ipprint is a build target.

Some potential ways to resolve this:

* Recommended action: try adding the following to your extra-deps in /root/.stack/global-project/stack.yaml:

- sr-extra-1.46.3.2

* Set 'allow-newer: true' to ignore all version constraints and build anyway.

* You may also want to try using the 'stack solver' command.

Plan construction failed.
$ 

Besides failing, it installed its own version of GHC.

1. How am I supposed to clean up the mess?

2. Well, how to install IPPrint on top of my from-the-official-reps Haskell?

Board footer