You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-29 12:58:57

murphytalk
Member
Registered: 2005-03-17
Posts: 5

Arch guest in Hyper-V VM on Windows 10 : cifs mount failure

My /etc/fstab looks like this.

//my-win-pc/e  /mnt/e  cifs user=my-win-acounnt,password=win-password,uid=my-arch-account,gid=users,vers=3.0 0 0

"vers=3.0" is added to be able to mount Windows 10 shares. It used to work without any problem until I pacman -Syu today ... Too bad I don't remember the kernel and mount.cifs version before I updated, currently I am running kernel 4.13.9-1-ARCH and cifs-utils 6.7-2 .

The error messages are:

CIFS VFS: validate protocol negotiate failed: -11
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -5

I wonder did this happen to anyone else ? Any hints would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited by murphytalk (2017-10-29 13:02:10)

Offline

#2 2017-10-30 11:47:30

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,141

Re: Arch guest in Hyper-V VM on Windows 10 : cifs mount failure

Kernel. (cifs-utils wasn't updated for more than half a year - you can btw. consult your pacman log to check what's been updated)

You're not alone, but I've no idea about the cause:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1502606
https://www.linuxquestions.org/question … page3.html

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB