You are not logged in.
I'm using KDE Plasma. I can print fine from evince, but not from okular. That is, I select print, everything seems fine, but then nothing appears in the CUPS queue and nothing is printed.
I checked the wiki, but I can't find anything specific in there. I already have print-manager installed. How can get okular to print?
Offline
What version of Qt?
Offline
Everything is up-to-date, so qt4 4.8.7-22 and qt5 5.9.2-1.
Offline
What does the journal say? What does cups say? You can enable debugging in CUPS to get more information, but remember to turn it off when you're done as it spews lots and lots of it. How are you examining 'the CUPS queue'? Is it the same queue you use in evince? Can you print to another printer or to the CUPS pdf printer? (You can install this from the repos and you'll have a printer which is a CUPS PDF printer and shows up as a normal printer in the print dialogues.)
Can you print from any other QT5 application? You could also try starting Okular from the command line to see if you get any useful information that way.
CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions
Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L
Offline
Thank you for the reply.
I'll start from your final suggestion, because it might be important. I started okular from the command line. When I attempt to print I see the following.
lpr: No such file or directoryThere's nothing in journalctl.
You are not wrong about CUPS debugging! It's hard to pull out anything from the 20 or so pages, so perhaps we can return to it if the rest of this post is uninformative.
The CUPS queue I was referring to was the one that lists the active and completed jobs. After printing in evince, I can see the job there, but can see nothing from okular.
I installed cups-pdf, restarted org.cups.cupsd.service, then set up the PDF printer. After printing to this printer, I checked /var/spool/cups-pdf/$USER but could find nothing. I did see some files in /var/spool/cups-pdf/ created, containing something like the following
^B^@^@^E^@^@^@^E^AG^@^Rattributes-charset^@^Eutf-8H^@ESCattributes-natural-language^@^Een-au^BE^@^Kprinter-uri^@1ipp://localhost/printers/CUPS_Virtual_PDF_PrinterB^@^Yjob-originating-user-name^@^CsalkayB^@^Hjob-name^@^QR Graphics Output!^@^Fcopies^@^D^@^@^@^A#^@
finishings^@^D^@^@^@^C!^@^Pjob-cancel-after^@^D^@^@*0D^@^Njob-hold-until^@^Gno-hold!^@^Ljob-priority^@^D^@^@^@2B^@
job-sheets^@^DnoneB^@^@^@^Dnone!^@ number-up^@^D^@^@^@^AE^@^Hjob-uuid^@-urn:uuid:dc8c38bc-dbf8-33c3-5e7e-533d481e9700B^@^Yjob-originating-host-name^@ localhost1^@^Vdate-time-at-completed^@^K^G<E1>^K^A^E4^_^@+^@^@1^@^Udate-time-at-creation^@^K^G<E1>^K^A^E4^_^@+^@^@1^@^Wdate-time-at-processing^@^K^G<E1>^K^A^E4^_^@+^@^@!^@^Qtime-at-completed^@^DY<F9>a^_!^@^Ptime-at-creation^@^DY<F9>a^_!^@^Rtime-at-processing^@^DY<F9>a^_!^@^Fjob-id^@^D^@^@^@ #^@ job-state^@^D^@^@^@ D^@^Qjob-state-reasons^@^Xprocessing-to-stop-point!^@^Yjob-impressions-completed^@^D^@^@^@^A!^@^Zjob-media-sheets-completed^@^D^@^@^@^AE^@^Ojob-printer-uri^@0ipp://salkay-hostname/printers/CUPS_Virtual_PDF_Printer!^@^Ljob-k-octets^@^D^@^@^@ I^@^Xdocument-format-supplied^@^Xapplication/octet-streamI^@^Xdocument-format-detected^@^Vapplication/postscriptI^@^Odocument-format^@^Vapplication/postscriptB^@^Vdocument-name-supplied^@^Pokular_yJ8889.psA^@^Yjob-printer-state-message^@^@D^@^Yjob-printer-state-reasons^@^Dnone^CI tested printing from Kate, which also failed, but with nothing on the command line. Again, there was nothing in the queue.
Offline