You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-03 20:13:48

jprobichaud
Member
Registered: 2017-11-03
Posts: 1

chromium hangs when attempting to install new extensions

Hi everyone,

I've been stuck with this problem recently.  When I try to install a chromium extension from the Google Chrome store, the browser hangs at "Checking" and there's nothing I can do, it just stays there.  I can start a new instance and continue to work, but the original window (with how many tabs already opened) is unusable. 

It was working 'before' (before what, beat me, I don't know what changed). 

What I've tried so far is

  • remove ~/.config/chromium

  • disable GPU acceleration in the chromium advanced settings or from the command line

  • disable all extensions already installed and try again

  • try installing few different extensions (it hangs regardless which ones)

Installing extensions manually (form a downloaded extension) works without issue (with developer mode enabled)

Any ideas?

Some extra info:

$  pacman -Q chromium
chromium 62.0.3202.75-1

$ uname -a 
Linux jp-oryx 4.13.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 14 20:13:26 CEST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB