You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-04 07:03:51

gazarooni

[SOLVED] Install Woes [unable to enumerate USB device]

Hello all,
           This is my first post and its got me a bit stumped. I've installed arch  a few times so i figured i'd give it a crack on my pc. So I put my stick in get to the arch install screen get to the hook then blasted with USB errors. I would paste them but its almost like it just forgets I have any usb so thats a no go. So in short i can i long write them if it would suit then type them in. So a few of the repeating errors are.

failed to enumerate usb
device descriptor read/64, error -32
device not accepting address

I do apologize for the crudeness of it but I just don't understand why its doing this on my pc. I've put it on a few laptops with little to no hiccups but this has got me scratching my head. The flash drive works fine in other devices and on my current windows 10 install. I have tried unetbootin and rufus(dd and iso) if that helps any. Maybe its something I've missed or overlooked but any input would be helpful. Interestingly enough when i set up the usb with rufus then copy over the iso files with unetbootin with my old nov 2016 iso image i manage to get usb functionality but some cpu error comes up and its the unetbootin screen when it boots up?

Motherboard is a GA-970A-D3 (rev. 3.0) practically new
Bios version FD
Have tried to set boot mode to legacy only but it had no affect.
::Edit::
Doing a bit of googling i managed to find people with a similar problem related to these boards and they had to use an HP Dos tool or something of that sorts. Can anyone confirm this....

Last edited by gazarooni (2017-11-05 23:48:58)

#2 2017-11-04 15:59:32

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Install Woes [unable to enumerate USB device]

The system does boot?  From USB?
The error should include the bus number controller address.  Can you do a lsusb ?  Is the device that is acting up your boot device? or is it another device in your system?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-11-05 23:43:30

gazarooni

Re: [SOLVED] Install Woes [unable to enumerate USB device]

So after a lot of searching I came across this forum  https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php … 3b518abe50 which explains it more as a board issue. After some mucking around in the bios settings i managed to get it to load the arch linux iso without any issues.

Board footer